PDA

View Full Version : New in Chicago

LJAM
04-17-2011, 09:19 PM
Hey everyone, Just purchased a 87 Cutlass Salon and I am starting to fix it up. It's black with burgandy interior and has a 307 with 87K on it. Right now it's getting a new headliner and new dual exhaust along with other things. From what the previous owner told me the past couple years it sat in a garage most of the time and was hardly driven.

My first new car purchase was a completly loaded 1984 cutlass supreme brougham that I owned for 11 years before I had to sell it. I always said I'd get another one and here I am.

Hope to get to know all on board here. :)

LJAM

442_rocket
04-17-2011, 11:26 PM
Welcome fellow Chicagoan! Post more pics when you can.

88hurstolds
04-18-2011, 01:53 PM
Looks like a very clean car, any plans or are you going to leave it stock?

LJAM
04-18-2011, 07:47 PM
88Hurst and 442,
Thanks, for the welcome. When I get a few more pictures I'll upload them but for now here's some one I took a couple weeks ago. As for the car I'm going to keep it stock with just a few changes to upgrade it. Had the new flowmaster duals put on today and it really sounds sweet. Can't wait to get it on the expressway to open it up.

Of course right when I get ready to take it out we get snow and rain this whole week..... Luckly the shop was close to the house.

442 what part of Chicago are you in? I'm on the North boarder in Niles.

Thanks again,

LJAM

442_rocket
04-19-2011, 08:44 AM
88Hurst and 442,
Thanks, for the welcome. When I get a few more pictures I'll upload them but for now here's some one I took a couple weeks ago. As for the car I'm going to keep it stock with just a few changes to upgrade it. Had the new flowmaster duals put on today and it really sounds sweet. Can't wait to get it on the expressway to open it up.

Of course right when I get ready to take it out we get snow and rain this whole week..... Luckly the shop was close to the house.

442 what part of Chicago are you in? I'm on the North boarder in Niles.

Thanks again,

LJAM

I'm out in the far NW suburbs..Cary.

That looks like a real nice clean car. I wouldn't worry so much about taking it out in the rain, but if there is any salt on the roads, forget about driving it. Mine won't see any salt as long as I own it.