PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Iowa

1984 Big Block H/O
02-24-2012, 02:05 AM
Hi everyone. Aaron here... I am the proud owner of a '84 Hurst/Olds which I've owned since 1998. Before that, I had never even seen one before. After having it sit in my garage the last 4 years in pieces, I finally shipped it to my good friend's body shop to have a frame-off rotisserie restoration. It has been an exciting winter watching the progress. I will post pics soon. I never thought I would see the day. I am very proud to be a part of an organization such as this one where everyone believes in restoring these great pieces of car culture. I look forward to talking with several of you in the years to come about these great classics. Thanks! :D

88hurstolds
02-24-2012, 04:15 PM
Very cool, glad to see others restoring these unlike on some sites they just part them out and sell them.
There is starting to become a bigger market for these since they're becoming harder to find in good shape.
Can't wait to see the progress!

Fader
02-25-2012, 10:47 AM
Can't wait to see some pics....I'm jealous, the only body shop people I know do more collision repair & are so busy they don't want to touch a full resto on an old car without charging a small fortune....what type of engine is in the car now? Any future plans besides having the body work done? Are you sticking with a stock interior? Like said above, its nice to know that others Respect these Cars as much as you do....:icon14:

1984 Big Block H/O
02-26-2012, 01:34 AM
Just got some pics put on. Still have some downloading to do. Car will be a 496 BBO hopefully with fuel injection. Wheels showed up last week-- will be of the pro-touring stance when it is said and done. Body shop relocated the rear frame rails and added wheel tubs. Made plenty of room for the 335/35ZR17's to be put on the back. Car will be sprayed in 2008 Audi Silver and the stripes will be painted on. The interior will remain stock other than possibly adding a digital dash. The body shop shaved the door locks, trunk lock, and the antenna, but I wanted everything else to remain stock appearing. It is still a Hurst/Olds, just with a slight twist. :D

88hurstolds
02-28-2012, 11:51 PM
Cool car, some serious progress on the body.
Did you notch the frame or completly move the frame in at the wheel wells?

1984 Big Block H/O
02-29-2012, 12:55 AM
Frame rails are completely moved. They welded it to a frame jig, cut the frame rails completely off the car, and rewelded them in 5" closer to the inside. Then they proceded to install the wheel tubs, removed the spare tire well, and centered the gas tank in the rear of the car. Also relocated the filler neck so it would be in the stock location again. The whole project has gotten out of control. One move leads to another..... and so on and so on. :D