GbodyOlds.com

Thread: New Member from Mass. Hi All!

Default New Member from Mass. Hi All!

Hello Everyone,

My name is Steven W, I live in and was born and raised in Worcester Mass. I am 44 years old and a happily married dad of two teen-aged (13 & 15) boys. Also I am unfortunately a disabled/retired ex-truck driver. I loved my job (4th generation, dad is retired, bro currently drives also) and miss it, and working terribly.

As a side effect to my disability I am also suffering from depression and anxiety, mainly in the form of panic attacks. This plus a lack of space has made it difficult to get back into my favorite hobby: building model cars and trucks. I used to build models all the time from ages 10-25, since then however I have not built any.

I am currently trying to get back into modeling, hence one of the biggest reasons for my joining this forum, besides my life long obsession with cars and trucks. I have always been a G-Body fan, I love the combination of luxury and performance that they were capable of not to mention the wonderful design(s) and shapes. I would LOVE to have an 1987 Old's Cutlass Supreme Brougham, White over Lt. Gray, with all of the 442 performance goodies and the buckets/console/gauges.

As I said however, I joined this forum to share the love, but also to try and get some help with a project that I am hoping will kill two birds with one proverbial stone LOL! I am going to attempt taking the newly released 1983 Hurst/Olds kit, and convert it into a 1985 Cutlass Supreme Brougham, Blue over Blue, just like my mother's beloved car of old. This will be a HUGE undertaking for me as I am attempting to do things I have never done before, like adding the vinyl roof, converting a console/bucket interior into a 60/40 bench with the puffy cushioned interior.

I already procured most of what I need, I have bought a resin nose and hood for it, and also a photo etch detail set. I still need to purchase some more items and I am going to buy an airbrush kit later this week and try airbrushing for the first time.

So yeah, big project! Then I am lacking two other things: space (which I am working on) and motivation which is tied to my depression/anxiety. I am hoping that being a member here can allow me access to two things; your support and your knowledge. There is a lot I cannot remember about Mom's Cutlass and am having trouble finding. My motivation wavers day to day.

In return I can give: friendship, willingness to help, and a large library/knowledge of cars and trucks. I am also a Led Zeppelin fanatic, whether that qualifies or disqualifies me is up to you all!! LOL

Hopefully no one is too bothered by my choice of font/color nor the length of this message. And yes I tend to talk at length in real life as well!! LOL.

Take care and thank you for taking the time to read this,
    Steven W.

Welcome to the site Steve!
    THe 1985 442/FE3X 2n1 kit will be out next year by Revell.
    You will be able to build either the 442 or just a regular Cutlass with buckets or the famed FE3X GM prototype car.
    I've been asked to get a photo of my '85 442 to give to Revell for the box art, just waiting for the weather to clear up so I can get it out of storage and take some photos...
    Lightning Rods repair service:CLICK HERE
    Seller Feedback:CLICK HERE
    1988 H/OCA Advisor
    88 H/O #1 of 4
    88 CSC White/Claret - T-tops
    88 H/O Triple Black
    87 442 Black/Gray - T-tops
    85 442 White/Blue - T-tops
    85 442 White/Blue - T-tops
    85 442 White/Claret - T-tops
    85 442 White/Sage
    84 H/O Aero Commemorative #2199 - Sunroof