Thread: 1979 Cutlass Supreme Base Model Parts Questions

Default 1979 Cutlass Supreme Base Model Parts Questions

What is the recommended and best door/window weatherstrip to get for a 79 Olds Cutlass Supreme base model? I have found a few that have roof rail weatherstrip included but I am not sure if I need that or what a roof rail is. Can anyone help with pointing me in the right direction? I would also like to get input regarding best places for parts. I have been using ebay, Amazon, RockAuto, and Goodmark Industries trying to find parts but I know there has to be others that make it easier to get parts. I need A-Pillar trim, door panels, and basically anything that has decayed and is falling apart. I am not sure of what parts are interchangeable between A and G bodies. Any help is appreciated as I help my 19 year old son restore this car for him. It is great when the younger generation appreciates these great beasts.
    Last edited by MDDrye; 10-02-2018 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Added details of weather strip needed

Quote Originally Posted by MDDrye View Post
    What is the recommended and best door/window weatherstrip to get for a 79 Olds Cutlass Supreme base model? I have found a few that have roof rail weatherstrip included but I am not sure if I need that or what a roof rail is. Can anyone help with pointing me in the right direction? I would also like to get input regarding best places for parts. I have been using ebay, Amazon, RockAuto, and Goodmark Industries trying to find parts but I know there has to be others that make it easier to get parts. I need A-Pillar trim, door panels, and basically anything that has decayed and is falling apart. I am not sure of what parts are interchangeable between A and G bodies. Any help is appreciated as I help my 19 year old son restore this car for him. It is great when the younger generation appreciates these great beasts.
    Everything in the interior interchanges except the upper rear interior panels.
    Metro sells the weatherstripping, roof rail is the upper roof line window/pillar door seals.
    Lightning Rods repair service:CLICK HERE
    Seller Feedback:CLICK HERE
    1988 H/OCA Advisor
    88 H/O #1 of 4
    88 CSC White/Claret - T-tops
    88 H/O Triple Black
    87 442 Black/Gray - T-tops
    85 442 White/Blue - T-tops
    85 442 White/Claret - T-tops
    85 442 White/Sage
    84 H/O Aero Commemorative #2199 - Sunroof
    83 H/O #2400 Sand Gray - Sunroof
    83 H/O #1607 Sand Gray - T-tops
    83 H/O #727 Maple
    "Keep them Rockets lit!"

Thank you very much for your help.

Default Complete list of Bulbs, filters, and parts, etc. needed - Do not have a user manual

i do not have a user manual that lists replacement parts such as all bulbs, wiper blades, oil filter, air filter, etc. for a 79 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme base model. Does anyone here have those pages scanned or know where I can get this information? I know I can look for this information one part at a time via parts stores but I wanted the actual information to make it easier. Any help is appreciated.

Get a CSM or check a parts store for that info
    Lightning Rods repair service:CLICK HERE
    Seller Feedback:CLICK HERE
    1988 H/OCA Advisor
    88 H/O #1 of 4
    88 CSC White/Claret - T-tops
    88 H/O Triple Black
    87 442 Black/Gray - T-tops
    85 442 White/Claret - T-tops
    85 442 White/Sage