Thread: Has anyone thought of going "green"

Icon10 Has anyone thought of going "green"

Ok so just hear me out first.

If I were to transfer the engine that is in my car to a diesel engine, and then add what parts were need to then run on bio-diesel, would i still be able to get the horse power if not more?
    i am interested in going "green" but, no offense to anyone, not at the cost of my ride.So far I have not seen any research done in that aspect. Can a car still get its maximum potential by running on bio-diesel that it would get from running diesel and/or gasoline?

just a thought, any takers?

A car can be converted to Bio-Diesel but needs to be a Diesel motor to begin with and you need to find a source for Bio-Diesel.
    Also, all rubber fuel lines will need to be replaced with steel, usually a diesel equipt Cutlass will have this already done. I have a complete Olds 350 DX motor sitting in my garage and was going to go this route at one point but the lack of sources for Bio-Diesel had curved my plans. You can make it yourself but it takes an operation that takes money for processing equipment and time with finding used vegetable oil and such.

would you be interested selling that engine
    if not, most chain restaurants like chilis fridays applebees ect, have a scheduled grease pick up in which they pay someone to come and dispose of said veg oil.
    my girlfriend works for a small restaurant and they currently have two 50 gallon drums full.
    but would i lose anything from the engine as far as performance

I would sell everything with the exception of the engine block and crank, I am using the block for a future build.
    $50 for everything with the exception of the block and crank: wire harness, heads, intake, injector pump, vacuum pump, rods, pistons, block heater and other misc items.