Thread: tranny issues

Default tranny issues

ok. so i am driving an 83 calais. well i was driving it until the tranny got stuck in drive. i believe that is the problem. i can shift from p to n but no further. the ignition will not turn all the way back.
    is my tranny dead or is it something like the clutch plate and shift cable?

and if it is dead, what is the best route to go, should i be looking at a new tranny or a rebuild job?

what affect does not having a #'s matching tranny do to the potential resale value. i plan on a whole restore with minor customizations.

and lst but not least should i stick with the th350 or is there something else i can do?

Default Trans problen

I had the same problem. You need to drop the pan . And look at the shift lever some times the nut backs off the lever and the detent. Gets out of line. And it makes it not want to shift manually. It's just an idea. But it sounds like the problem. If you need more info. Email me.
    Texas oldsmorat
    1988 OLDS CUTLASS SUPREME CLASSIC
    496 BBC. KINSLER FUEL INJECTED ALCOHOL
    NO NOS. 14PT. CAGE,9"FAB REAR,4LINK,CLUTCH TURBO400. ALL STEEL BODY,EXCEPT HOODTUBBED,STILL FULL INTERIOR. NO TRAILER QUEEN HERE STREET LEGAL. 3,450LB.
    BEST 60FT. 1.20
    BEST ET. 8.82
    BEST MPH. 166.25
    TEXAS OLDSMORAT

85 Cutlass

I'd check the Likage from the steering colom on the ;firewall that goes to the trans. There is usualy has a slipe type fitting that lets you adjust the rod. It may have come loose.