Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: why did you get an olds?

Quote Originally Posted by HurstOlds View Post
    I've been into Olds pretty much my whole life as well. My dad had a Delta 88 with the four barrel carb. I still remember sitting on his lap while he let me drive the car. And him explaining to me the sound of the four barrels opening up.

I was just able to pass that onto my wife last week with a new Cutlass I just picked up. Best part was when she said she loves that sound

I bought my first Olds in high school, a used 86 Cutlass, Silver A classmate's dad owned the car. I asked her every day for about 6 months if he wanted to sell the car. One day she said "well, he's been talking about it". Shortly after, it was mine!

got to love the 4 barrel sound!nothing like it....
    Can You Say Vroom?!

Default moms car(s)

i remember my moms cutlass when i was around four or five, she had a used 83 calais. after that she also owned a delta 88. and at one point there was even a buick regal. so yes as most have said, it has to be something that starts as a kid. i can remember being a child and running my hands along the body lines of the car and sitting behind the steering wheel, on my knees just to see over the thing and be able to reach the shifter. Now I have kids of my own and the look on thier faces when daddy came home in his "new old car" were not much different from mine all those years ago.

I've been searching for a Classic US-Car 2 years ago...I was driving around and found a 79 Cutlass standing in the showroom of a HYUNDAI Dealer .
    I thought that i have to do something...Classic steel between those plastic cars? No way....The Condition was good, just some maintenance had to be done....the price was ok so it was mine...I didn't regret it. I just love the sound of a Classic V8 Engine...especially between all these 4 Cylinder Diesel Engines over here. Just like a Dinosaur
    Remember the days when sex was safe and racing was dangerous?

I grew up around Oldsmobiles, my grandfather and dad had them and I continued to drive them. I do have other GM but love the Olds. Have had everything from a 66 Cutlass to 88 Cutlass. I have other GM orphans and am still steamed over treatment of Oldsmobile by GM. Not buying another new GM or going to GM dealer again for service.

My first Olds was a 92 Bravada, I had previously owned a 85 Monte, 87 & 88 Caprices, 84 Regal & a 77 Impala....That Bravada was good running suv for me, I must have been 22 when I bought it.....I ended up buying my 85' 442 last May at the age of 29.....I am borderline obsessed with that car & I am a ways from driving it yet.....Olds is addictive like Crack only you get to keep all your teeth!

My dad had a 1960 olds convertible when I was a kid. In high school, I had an '84 monte carlo. From there, I just fell in love with the g-body's. I dated a girl in high school who had a '78 cutlass and her hot sister had an 84 cutlass brougham. Both solid/beautiful cars. I always said I would own a t-top cutlass someday. There's just something about an Oldsmobile. Anyone that owns one would agree!