GbodyOlds.com

Thread: color code White 85' 442

Default color code White 85' 442

I have looked at 2 different 'sticky' writeups on this forum & I saw a couple of different #s as far as paint codes...I am planning on getting at least 3-4 quotes on refinishing my car & would like to get as close to the factory available colors as possible.

On the page with the list & pic of paint for each year it shows #11 as #WA3967 (White) & #12 as #WA8535 (Silver Metallic) for the 1985 Model Year...

On a different post the 442/Hurst color codes are listed and it shows #11 as #WA9300 (White) & #12 as #WA2853 (Lower Silver Metallic)...

Can anyone (88) clarify if they are the same color with a different # or which one would be correct for a White 85' 442?

Another thought....in your opinion does it hurt the value to paint a limited production vehicle a different stock color than what it originally came with? My goal isn't a concours restoration and I am restoring the car for myself versus thoughts of resale... I was just wondering if that would hurt the value drastically down the line. My car was originally silver/grey & if I had a clean one I would keep it but I really don't want to have one repainted that color.

The correct codes are:

11 White: WA9300

12 Lower Silver Metallic accent: WA285

The other codes are more generic towards the whole GM carline, not sure why they are different.
    Curious if they come out the same...

I don't think your car will drop in value over color, it has more to do with how nice it is overall.
    Lightning Rods repair service:CLICK HERE
    Seller Feedback:CLICK HERE
    1988 H/OCA Advisor
    88 H/O #1 of 4
    88 CSC White/Claret - T-tops
    88 H/O Triple Black
    87 442 Black/Gray - T-tops
    85 442 White/Blue - T-tops
    85 442 White/Blue - T-tops
    85 442 White/Claret - T-tops
    85 442 White/Sage
    84 H/O Aero Commemorative #2199 - Sunroof
    83 H/O #2400 Sand Gray - Sunroof
    83 H/O #1607 Sand Gray - T-tops
    83 H/O #727 Maple
    "Keep them Rockets lit!"

cool...thanks for the clarification! I think I may borrow a trailer(salty streets) & take it to get a few quotes one of these weekend days! I have one guy who is working up a price for me now...