rear window moldings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear window moldings

I'm going to remove the Landau vinyl top and want to know if there are any tips or tricks to this or problems that I will Encounter?? Thanks!
    86 Cutlass Supreme
    69 Cuda Notchback SOLD
    89 Trans Am SOLD

Usually youll find rust, also the factory used filler in some places, it sometimes can turn into a big project then again you just dont know until you pull everything off.
    To do the conversion youll need to find hard top quarter windows with the rubber seal that goes beyond the chrome trim, the rear valance panel that goes between the trunk and window that the lower trim mounts to (make sure you get the plastic blocks underneath the panel which it secures to) and lastly the rear window trim with clips. You may have to screw in the clips, I believe I have a photo of where they need to go. The clips are still available from a number of suppliers, be sure to grab some from a donor car so you know what to look for.
    Lightning Rods repair service:CLICK HERE
    Seller Feedback:CLICK HERE
    1988 H/OCA Advisor
    88 H/O #1 of 4
    88 CSC White/Claret - T-tops
    88 H/O Triple Black
    87 442 Black/Gray - T-tops
    85 442 White/Blue - T-tops
    85 442 White/Blue - T-tops
    85 442 White/Claret - T-tops
    85 442 White/Sage
    84 H/O Aero Commemorative #2199 - Sunroof
    83 H/O #2400 Sand Gray - Sunroof
    83 H/O #1607 Sand Gray - T-tops
    83 H/O #727 Maple
    "Keep them Rockets lit!"

Comment

Wow this is really detailed information and is making me think I should just get a factory hardtop as I don't personally like vinyl on a nice car for every reason but I may brave it out when the weather cools down! Thanks for the info on this one!
      86 Cutlass Supreme
      69 Cuda Notchback SOLD
      89 Trans Am SOLD

Comment

Working...
      X