Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

frame mounts ,where do they go?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • frame mounts ,where do they go?

    putting in a 455 in a 1979 olds cutlass ,not sure where to mount the frame mounts ,dont want to have to bolt engine and trans together ,put in the hole and install drive shaft just to see where the mounts go ,,,, so many holes to choose from !! can anyone with the experiance please help !! and on the block there are 2 positions ,{up front and in the middle of the block} i was guesssing when i put these mounts here in pic
    Attached Files
    Last edited by augydoggy455; 04-05-2011, 12:50 AM.

  • #2
    If the car had a sbo stock leave the mounts in stock location and use the sbo motor mounts. That is how I did the 455 swap in my 1980 Calais many moons ago.

    Comment


    • #3
      no it was a v6 and the mounts were gone , i had to buy bot mounts a engine mounts ,just need a pic of were they go or a diagram

      Comment


      • #4
        I pulled the engine out of the 84 this past weekend I will try to take some decent pics and post them here.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by oldsfromyell View Post
          I pulled the engine out of the 84 this past weekend I will try to take some decent pics and post them here.
          thats awsome i cant wait !thank you !!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Ok here are some pics of the frame mounts in my 84HO sorry it is so dirty just got the engine out and have not had time to start the clean up. And to answer your other question the engine mounts attach in the rear set of mount holes in the side of the block. My car had a 307 in it but the 455 will mount exactly the same. HTH, David
            Attached Files

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by oldsfromyell View Post
              Ok here are some pics of the frame mounts in my 84HO sorry it is so dirty just got the engine out and have not had time to start the clean up. And to answer your other question the engine mounts attach in the rear set of mount holes in the side of the block. My car had a 307 in it but the 455 will mount exactly the same. HTH, David

              thanks so much david !!! i'll be putting this info to good use tomorrow !!!well today its 1:26 am here lol tony:icon14:

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by augydoggy455 View Post
                thanks so much david !!! i'll be putting this info to good use tomorrow !!!well today its 1:26 am here lol tony:icon14:
                still have to drill a few holes ,my mounts have 2 holes at the top of them got them in today !!thanks so much oldsfromyell !!
                Last edited by augydoggy455; 04-07-2011, 01:16 AM. Reason: adding info

                Comment

                Working...
                X