First 442 post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First 442 post

I guess I'll be the first! I own a 1986 oldsmobile cutlass 442. It's almost completely original. It's black/silver with gray interior. It's all power without the t-tops. Recently I decide to fix all the small problems with car. The hood had a light amount of rust under the front lip so I replaced it with a new repacement from Parts train. The high speed blower has never worked since I've had the car so I troubleshot and fixed it(wire connection by the passenger valve cover). The battery was drained from either time or the fact that the diode trio was bad inside the alternator. I fixed that yesterday. Now my drivers seat motor coupling is broken so I purchased a 1988 cutlass power seat track but it's different so will attempt to rewire it into the original switch and wiring soon. I also recently replaced the cc carb with a new one(not rebuilt) from a guy on ebay I purchased for $65. The car runs and drives really well. The only other problem the car has is the dash is showing it's age. It's cracking in the corners. Overall it's a nice ride though.

pic's
    Can You Say Vroom?!

Comment

Originally posted by jmac636 View Post
      I own a 1986 oldsmobile cutlass 442. It's almost completely original. It's black/silver with gray interior.
      Sweet, nice 442! Probably the coolest looking one of all of them. I had an 86 Salon with a claret interior that I painted like a 442 years back... I cut that car up due to rust. Wish I saved the grilles though... those are may favorite style.

Originally posted by jmac636 View Post
      Now my drivers seat motor coupling is broken so I purchased a 1988 cutlass power seat track but it's different so will attempt to rewire it into the original switch and wiring soon.
      I know you can still find the power seat coupling from GM under part number 20614175 for under $20 and it is not too hard to fix. Probably save you the headaches of rewiring and installing a new setup.
      Lightning Rods repair service:CLICK HERE
      Seller Feedback:CLICK HERE
      1988 H/OCA Advisor
      88 H/O #1 of 4
      88 CSC White/Claret - T-tops
      88 H/O Triple Black
      87 442 Black/Gray - T-tops
      85 442 White/Blue - T-tops
      85 442 White/Blue - T-tops
      85 442 White/Claret - T-tops
      85 442 White/Sage
      84 H/O Aero Commemorative #2199 - Sunroof
      83 H/O #2400 Sand Gray - Sunroof
      83 H/O #1607 Sand Gray - T-tops
      83 H/O #727 Maple
      "Keep them Rockets lit!"

Comment

Yeah I get people stopping and asking if I want to sell the car constantly.

Comment

Hey I just noticed the part number for the coupling. Thanks alot I've been trying to find a part number. My sister works as a warranty administrator at a gm dealership and I get a really good discount on genuine parts.

Comment

Ok, my sister just called me back with a price of $8 and I will have the coupling in my hands today. Thanks again 88hurstolds. On ebay they have them for $20 plus 5 shipping.

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/__?_from...ling+gm&_sacat=

Comment

We needs pics!

Comment

Working...
              X