86 442

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 86 442

I found out that my 1986 442 knock was coming from the top end, rocker arm.....before I replace them all. Do they have a kit that has everything. I would like to upgrade maybe a performance kit. Or should I just keep it stock. It only has 61,000. What do you guys think. New cam, timing chain or just leave it be and just replace the rockers.....I dont really want to spend alot but if the top end is going to be off I might as well do some type of performance upgrade. Thanks

Well if you put to radical of a cam in youll throw the computer off and at that rate it will start to snowball and might as well put a 350 in it but that is a huge step...
    A mild cam will wake the motor up a little, keep in mind its a roller cam motor too, and a 307, theres not too much you can get out of a 307.
    You dont have to take the intake off to replace the rockers, just the valve covers, or are you refering to the lifters?
    Personally Id stay stock, you have a nice survivor but hey, its your car...
    Lightning Rods repair service:CLICK HERE
    Seller Feedback:CLICK HERE
    1988 H/OCA Advisor
    88 H/O #1 of 4
    88 CSC White/Claret - T-tops
    88 H/O Triple Black
    87 442 Black/Gray - T-tops
    85 442 White/Blue - T-tops
    85 442 White/Blue - T-tops
    85 442 White/Claret - T-tops
    85 442 White/Sage
    84 H/O Aero Commemorative #2199 - Sunroof
    83 H/O #2400 Sand Gray - Sunroof
    83 H/O #1607 Sand Gray - T-tops
    83 H/O #727 Maple
    "Keep them Rockets lit!"

Comment

Yeah I might as well stay stock, I had all 16 lifters replaced last year. Should I go ahead and replace the push rods as well . I want this to be the last time I have to open up this engine. Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X