Sell a '69 Cutlassfor a '87 442

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sell a '69 Cutlassfor a '87 442

I know this is a G body forum so I can guess what the answers I get will be, but would you sell a partially restored 1969 Cutlass S to buy a 1987 442? I'll include a couple of pictures of my Cutlass.
    Thanks,
    Jon
    Attached Files

If I didn't own a ton of G-bodies already I would say yes.
    I've driven a few older cars and I am honestly not a big fan.
    Nothing handles like a well put together G-body Cutlass, that is why I don't even own a newer car.
    I love the way they drive and the interior is very comfy and well designed for the driver.
    T-tops and lightning rods are a must...
    Lightning Rods repair service:CLICK HERE
    Seller Feedback:CLICK HERE
    1988 H/OCA Advisor
    88 H/O #1 of 4
    88 CSC White/Claret - T-tops
    88 H/O Triple Black
    87 442 Black/Gray - T-tops
    85 442 White/Blue - T-tops
    85 442 White/Blue - T-tops
    85 442 White/Claret - T-tops
    85 442 White/Sage
    84 H/O Aero Commemorative #2199 - Sunroof
    83 H/O #2400 Sand Gray - Sunroof
    83 H/O #1607 Sand Gray - T-tops
    83 H/O #727 Maple
    "Keep them Rockets lit!"

Comment

Thanks I am also considering a '84 Hurst/Olds. I had a 1987 Cutlass that got wrecked in 1997 and I've wanted another Olds since then.

Comment

I would trade it as well.... of course like you said you are in a forum where we not only own g.bodies....we get online to talk about them.

Here I found you an 87' 442 where the guy wants to trade for mostly older vehicles...

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/4711411287.html

Or sell it outright & buy what you want....by the way, great choices (87 442 or 84 Hurst)

Here is an 87 442, $5 grand or best offer. I really shouldn't look on Craigslist. I cannot call the banker again until 2015!

http://charleston.craigslist.org/cto/4679282837.html

Comment

Cool thanks. I am also looking at '83 Hurst Olds as well. It would be nice if they were just a little closer to me as all that distance makes a deal harder, especially if you are trading car for car.

Comment

Definitely....I drove over 12 hours each way to buy my rust free 442 project.

Rust free, 8.5", & OZ tranny were about the only things it still had going for it...everything else has been or will be replaced!

I have never traded a car but I would imagine that it's much easier to sell & then buy....what are the odds someone with a 87' 442 or a 83/84 Hurst is looking to trade for your specific vehicle? The 3 models you listed only had a combined production of approx 10,700 total vehicles 30ish years ago!

I think we would be damn lucky if 70% were still around, probably closer to 50% plus tons of hurst clones....

Comment

Working...
            X