X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lesbaldridge
    replied
    Originally posted by dr78442 View Post
    Good luck with you cutlass. In a couple of weeks I plan on pulling my big block and going to a 455. I started a build thread and will update as I go
    ill be sure to keep an eye on your 455 thread. i asked around with some of the local guys and shops and they all recomended a specific machine shop/engine builder to me, so i talked with him a little and he is building a 455 now and seems to be pretty knowledgeable regarding olds motors. im going to have them help me out with the small block 350 temporary motor im using and then were going to start planning out my 455 build. its gonna be a couple years by the time i get my car on the road and am looking to upgrade to the olds bigblock. but im keeping my eye out for the year motor he recomended to me for building now. opefully ill find a deal on it by the time im ready. good luck with your build.

Leave a comment:

• BillsHoe
    replied
    Dam thats a badass cutlass, sick motor. I had same year and color with t-tops and stick, I loved that car.

Leave a comment:

• bernhard
    replied
    Sleeper:icon14::icon14::icon14: What rpm are you shifting at?

Leave a comment:

• 87-Salon
    replied
    NICE!!! :icon14: :icon14:

Originally posted by dr78442 View Post
    tell me what you think

Leave a comment:

• dr78442
    replied
    Originally posted by lesbaldridge View Post
    wow, love the build. and i agree , that engine bay looks clean, put together very well. i going to be starting a 80 cutlass build soon, and im hoping to run a bigblock with similar numbers to yours.
    Good luck with you cutlass. In a couple of weeks I plan on pulling my big block and going to a 455. I started a build thread and will update as I go

Leave a comment:

• lesbaldridge
    replied
    wow, love the build. and i agree , that engine bay looks clean, put together very well. i going to be starting a 80 cutlass build soon, and im hoping to run a bigblock with similar numbers to yours.

Leave a comment:

• augydoggy455
    replied
    nice ride i hope mine turns out lookin good too,79 cutlass !

Leave a comment:

• TheBigO
    replied
    Two thumbs Up on your project, nice clean engine bay:icon14:

Leave a comment:

• dr78442
    replied
    Originally posted by gator2206 View Post
    Awesome run bro. What was your 60' ft time? and trap speed? How does that Ram-Jet respond throughout the powerband?
    The ramjet is very responsive from about idle to 3000 .... Mountains of tourque.. The 60 ft time was 1.7. That could use some adjusting. But for a street car I not complaining

Leave a comment:

• dr78442
    replied
    Originally posted by ED78CUTLASS View Post
    Awesome! Those cars are scary to drive on the street with that much power/torque. I am very fond of those 78-80 cutlass.
    What tranny? Rear End?
    I am running a turbo 400 with a gear vendor overdrive ..the rear I have is a 8.5 out of a 442 with 3.90 gears . The engine without NOS is 550 and with 675 hp. I could jet the NOS higher. I also like the 78-80 as well they are different

Leave a comment:

• ED78CUTLASS
    replied
    Awesome! Those cars are scary to drive on the street with that much power/torque. I am very fond of those 78-80 cutlass.
    What tranny? Rear End?

Leave a comment:

• gator2206
    replied
    Awesome run bro. What was your 60' ft time? and trap speed? How does that Ram-Jet respond throughout the powerband?

Leave a comment:

• dr78442
    replied
    Went E-town on Sunday. I finally got the car to the track . with a tire swap and quick suspension adjustment . the car with me driving went 10.70. I was very happy felt good to hit the quarter mile again

Leave a comment:

• 88hurstolds
    replied
    Wow, not many Gbodys runnin around with that much HP.
    What's your best ET?

Leave a comment:

• dr78442
    replied
    the engine started out as a crate 502 . I than removed the heads and intake and had them flowed. I added roller rocker and a NOS cheater system. The engine with NOS dynoed at 675 hp the engine by itself is 550. They closed the local track so I just play around with car.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X