just saying hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just saying hi

Just introducing myself, Glad to be here with fellow OLDS lovers and ethusiast!

welcome. love the fe3x. i'm in the process of painting my 83 h/o. #180. i noticed yours has the sandstone interior as well, i have been told 245 cars came that way, but have heard other production numbers as well.

Comment

Hey, welcome to the site.
      DON'T pimp my ride!!!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723196
      A Proud Canadian
      Jeff

sigpic

Comment

Can You Say Vroom?!

Comment

Glad to have you on board Angelo!
          That 85 is one of my favorites :icon14:
          Lightning Rods repair service:CLICK HERE
          Seller Feedback:CLICK HERE
          1988 H/OCA Advisor
          88 H/O #1 of 4
          88 CSC White/Claret - T-tops
          88 H/O Triple Black
          87 442 Black/Gray - T-tops
          85 442 White/Blue - T-tops
          85 442 White/Claret - T-tops
          85 442 White/Sage
          84 H/O Aero Commemorative #2199 - Sunroof
          83 H/O #2400 Sand Gray - Sunroof
          83 H/O #1607 Sand Gray - T-tops
          83 H/O #727 Maple
          "Keep them Rockets lit!"

Comment

Originally posted by ralph442 View Post
            welcome. love the fe3x. i'm in the process of painting my 83 h/o. #180. i noticed yours has the sandstone interior as well, i have been told 245 cars came that way, but have heard other production numbers as well.
            After seeing so many pop up on eBay lately I wouldn't be surprised if there were more than the supposed 248 made... heck I have a body tag from a ligit 83 H/O produced 3 months after #3001 was made and it has a sand drift interior.
            Lightning Rods repair service:CLICK HERE
            Seller Feedback:CLICK HERE
            1988 H/OCA Advisor
            88 H/O #1 of 4
            88 CSC White/Claret - T-tops
            88 H/O Triple Black
            87 442 Black/Gray - T-tops
            85 442 White/Claret - T-tops
            85 442 White/Sage
            84 H/O Aero Commemorative #2199 - Sunroof
            83 H/O #2400 Sand Gray - Sunroof
            83 H/O #1607 Sand Gray - T-tops
            83 H/O #727 Maple
            "Keep them Rockets lit!"

Comment

welcome too the boards FE3X
              1987 Corvette L98/700r4
              2005 Equinox
              2000 GTP 3.8 S/C
              2002 Regal GS 3.8 S/C
              1972 Cutlass S

Comment

83 H/O #'s

The bottom line is nobody really knows. I was in the process with the help of Judy Badgley of getting all the invoices on file for the 83 H/O's made and was going to break down the #'s on how many T Top cars, sandgrey , marron, vinyl interiors, etc, you get the point and just before I was going to sit down for a weekend at the Olds History center and then the all the end of Olds thing happen and it put a fork in the project.
                I can give you a educated guset on the #'s purely on the vin#'s I have gotten off every sandgrey I've seen. The vin's #'s always fall a majority of the time in the first 500 cars built or last 500 built, again purely a guess here, I'd say 500, and since a few vin#'s and its a very few fall somewhere in the middle , maybe 100 or so there, so I'd say 400-600cars at the very least. No hard facts just #'s based on my vin# investigation, BUT anyone who says they have an exact # has been mis-informed same as when I see someone claim exactly howmany T Top cars where built. Without the invoices of all the cars there is no way of knowing howmany where built.
                So just enjoy knowing you own a rare piece of Oldsmobile history, A Hurst Olds!

Comment

thanks for the honest answer. hey, are you still building the fe3x parts?

Comment

thanks for the honest answer. hey, are you still building the fe3x parts?
                    I still make parts from the original FE3X molds, do not stock anything but a few proto type Cowl scoops. They are made to order only

Comment

Your cutlass inspires me to show all the monte and regal lovers around me that a cutlass is not to be left off the list as well. I like your new site, I've visited the old one numerous times. I'm a real fan.

Comment

Working...
                      X