New to this message board, just a quick HI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to this message board, just a quick HI

Hi just wanted to share a little bit about my 81 Olds Cutlass. Would you believe that in June of 2011 it will be 21 years that I have had my Cutlass! At first I bought her just to fix up and sell but after driving this car I knew I had to keep it. Up until this point I had never had a car with power windows or locks and certainly never had A/C. I have always been an old car guy and a mechanic by trade. Now for the car, 81 Calias started as a nice street driver but has changed into my hot rod toy. While it looks stock I have most if not all of the aluminum pieces for the a-g body cars on it. It currently has, hood, core support, front bumper support, and rear drums. I did not put on the rear bumper support as I decided to stay with steel for traction. I have heard rumors about the trunk lid but have never seen one. I have seen one for the 78-80 body style but not 81-88. The car is now devoid of all options and replaced with manual parts, window regulators, no power locks, straight floor shift column, and no A/C or heat. I also have a radio delete cover which I have only seen 1 other. On to the good stuff, Olds 350, 2500 stall built 350 trans and a grand national 3:42 posi rear axel. My future plans call for a paint job, built Olds 455, 200R4 trans and an upgrade to a 3:90 gear. I currently have the 70 455 and 200R4 trans both of course are not built. Hope you enjoyed a little bit about my car, just found this site and was quite excited to join.

Welcome to the forum!
    My 84 Calais was exactly the same but had a 455, aluminum hood, core support, both bumpers, drums, radiator, intake and water pump. I also had just a heater box, manual doors, removed all the emissions and cruise stuff including the wire harnesses under the dash and hood along with the ECM and installed anon ECM kick panel

http://www.78-88olds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99

Id love to see photos of your car :icon14:
    Lightning Rods repair service:CLICK HERE
    Seller Feedback:CLICK HERE
    1988 H/OCA Advisor
    88 H/O #1 of 4
    88 CSC White/Claret - T-tops
    88 H/O Triple Black
    87 442 Black/Gray - T-tops
    85 442 White/Blue - T-tops
    85 442 White/Blue - T-tops
    85 442 White/Claret - T-tops