Newby in Southern Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newby in Southern Illinois

Hello everyone! Newby here. just wanted to to say hi....dont currently own a olds but have owned a few in the past! 1974 Olds Regency 2 door hard top nicknamed (the Great White Shark) and a 1984 cutlass sup. currently looking at a 1984 Hurst/Olds for my son! and was trying to research it a bit and find out what i was getting into! So far pretty exited about the car its pretty ruff but the frame,floors and trunk are solid. wondering about a few of the options that are on the car that i havnt been able to find any info on it.

Welcome! How much are they asking for that '84? There is one in Indiana with a 455 for $4500.

Comment

Well they are selling an 84 Hurst/Olds and a 83 cutlass calais together!! both for 3000 or best offer. going to offer 2200 and see what they say the guy is laid off right now and needs the money and i dont have much more than that to spare...lol

Comment

Welcome to the site, sounds like a good deal and you should grab it...
        Lightning Rods repair service:CLICK HERE
        Seller Feedback:CLICK HERE
        1988 H/OCA Advisor
        88 H/O #1 of 4
        88 CSC White/Claret - T-tops
        88 H/O Triple Black
        87 442 Black/Gray - T-tops
        85 442 White/Blue - T-tops
        85 442 White/Blue - T-tops
        85 442 White/Claret - T-tops
        85 442 White/Sage
        84 H/O Aero Commemorative #2199 - Sunroof
        83 H/O #2400 Sand Gray - Sunroof
        83 H/O #1607 Sand Gray - T-tops
        83 H/O #727 Maple
        "Keep them Rockets lit!"

Comment

Originally posted by 88hurstolds View Post
          Welcome to the site, sounds like a good deal and you should grab it...
          I agree. :icon14:

Comment

Well just got back from taking a closer look at the 84 Hurst,took all the info that i have gotten from around the internet on what to look for. first the bad.... got there and the car is setting in his yard and has been there for 4 years.got to talking to the owner and he tells me that it spent a year in chicago and was a daily driver (i suspect it was longer) now on to the problems T-Tops are rusted thru and the roof needs to be replaced.(comes with a T top roof in very good condition)passenger side door and front fender have rusted thru in strange places.usualy the bottom of the door rust out first from what i have seen of other cutlass's. it is rusted thru from the inside to the out in the middle of the door.no biggie doors and fenders are easily found! but as i was looking the car over closer the door jam is rusted on the drivers side about 7 inches from the bottom hinge about the size of a quarter.
            Now onto the good! Raised the car up on jacks and looked at the under side to my suprise it was simonized frame is totaly rust free as is the floor,trunk and the rest of the body. now that i see its pretty solid on to the verification checked the vin,cowl tag and service sticker in the trunk. deffinatly a Hurst/Olds vin 9 cowl tag reading W-40 option.
            checked the engine compartment looks like everything is there. its an AC car duel snorkel breather with crome cover in place.Original 307 HO still in the car. Original trans and rearend! Woot so far so good. Interior is in pretty good shape for an untouched 28 year old car.all badges are there Original Wheels and hub covers are on the car.
            the usual interior parts that get lost over time where gone. damn! owner informs me that the are in a box in the trunk.
            So now it looks like this is an unmolested 1984 Hurst/Olds Numbers matching, with vinyl seat option,dealer installed security with remote start. from what i can see of the car (which took me a good 2 hours too look over its complete right down to the spare! but in need of total restore! Talked the owner down to $2500.00 wouldnt budge any farther. Now what to do I know that this car is worth the money but is it somthing that my son and I can tackle.

Comment

I bet 88HurstOlds could give some pointers if you need help since you are both in Illinois. :icon14:

Comment

I could use some input! the only part of the problems that worry me is the hole under the door hing not sure how much is involved in fixing this,the roof is not a big deal talked to a body shop and was told $600 to replace it.

Comment

He seems to know a little about them.

Comment

Working...
                  X