Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"new" 1982 Calais, and new to the forum...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "new" 1982 Calais, and new to the forum...

Hey guys, i appreciate the resource that this sight has become, since recently acquiring a 1982 olds cutlass calais. so, I thought i had better introduce myself, and join the community. I have loved g bodies, since my mom had a baby blue buick regal, with t-tops, and the turbo motor, but this is the first i have owned myself. The car has an extremely straight body, with only a few minor surface rust spots, and a perfect condition vinyl top. The interior is in nearly mint condition, with only minimal wear on the drivers seat. All power windows etc are in great order, as well as gauges and dash. The olds has a 2 bbl, 4.4L V8 (i didnt even know this engine size existed). Now, as nice as the cutty is, it isnt the "perfect" gbody for me, (id prefer t-tops, and a bigger v but given the condition, couldnt pass it up. I will build this car up as best i can, as it is a in such good condition. I live way up north, in alberta canada, so rust can be an issue.
    QUESTION: I am unfamiliar with the 'calais' model, so where does it fit in the olds line up? and what made it different from the 'supreme'? all i can find as far as info on the matter is mainly a slight trim level upgrade, and suspension, and sway bar upgrades?

Welcome to the site!
    Sounds like a nice car, any photos?
    The 4.3L was 260CI Olds and is a dog unfortunately but it gives you the opportunity to throw a bigger Olds motor in with minimal effort.
    The Calais was the higher option version of the Cutlass, they all came with tilt column, reclining buckets, console and more brightwork on the exterior. They were also the base model for Hursts however Olds changed the name over to Salon as the base model for '85-'86 442 and gave the Calais name to the A body line in 1985.
    Lightning Rods repair service:CLICK HERE
    Seller Feedback:CLICK HERE
    1988 H/OCA Advisor
    88 H/O #1 of 4
    88 CSC White/Claret - T-tops
    88 H/O Triple Black
    87 442 Black/Gray - T-tops
    85 442 White/Blue - T-tops
    85 442 White/Blue - T-tops
    85 442 White/Claret - T-tops
    85 442 White/Sage
    84 H/O Aero Commemorative #2199 - Sunroof