Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm trying to hunt down my Dad's old race car, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm trying to hunt down my Dad's old race car, any help would be greatly appreciated!

I used to live in a small mining town in Southeast Arizona, called Clifton/Morenci. My Dad built up a 1978 Cutlass with this awesome guy that lived in town. He used to race at a dirt circuit track, I believe it was in Safford. They eventually sold the Cutlass to an unknown party. I was about 2 or 3 years old at the time. When I was about 17 years old, me and my Dad spotted his race car on a trailer in a parking lot in Mesa, Arizona. I believe it was around Broadway and Gilbert Road. We pulled over and checked to see if it was his old Cutlass. It was, he was able to recognize several dents and dings from racing. The paint had changed, it was fixed up a bit too, but it was definitely his old Cutlass. For some reason we just drove away and left it at that, and that bothers me to this day. I want to keep that car alive. It means so much to me. I also know that my Dad would flip if I surprised him with this beast in full restoration. Obviously I'm hoping that the owner would be interested in selling. I'm going to attach the only picture I have, I hope that it's enough to help me track this beauty down. Thanks everyone!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Last edited by Austin4920; 05-24-2021, 07:18 PM.

Cool car, I would check out local tracks and start talking to the older racers, you never know...
    Lightning Rods repair service:CLICK HERE
    Seller Feedback:CLICK HERE
    1988 H/OCA Advisor
    88 H/O #1 of 4
    88 CSC White/Claret - T-tops
    88 H/O Triple Black
    87 442 Black/Gray - T-tops
    85 442 White/Blue - T-tops
    85 442 White/Blue - T-tops
    85 442 White/Claret - T-tops
    85 442 White/Sage
    84 H/O Aero Commemorative #2199 - Sunroof