New Olds guy coming in!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Olds guy coming in!

Hey, I'm into hot rods, mainly T Buckets. It's a cool ride, but being a roadster with little room, it wasn't practical as my daily driver. So, today I bought a '79 Olds Cutlass. I had owned a '68 442 back in high school, but it's long gone now. Anyway, while driving the Cutlass today, I was reminded of Oldsmobile dependability. The previous owner was an elderly guy and he took fairly good care of it. Which is a blessing.

So, it's going to be my new daily transportation, but being a car nut, I have to know everything about it. It's got a V*, but I'm not sure if it's a 350 Olds or a swapped 305. I didn't bother to ask. It runs so good, I basically handed the man cash after the test drive.

It's got a couple small issues, but I'll try and handle them myself before I go begging you guys for help. I've always worked on my own cars due to finances and being cheap. So, I look forward to sharing when I can.

thanks for having me.

New Olds guy coming in!

I'm a hot rodder and presently own a T Bucket. It's a cool care, but being my daily was becoming impractical. Especially when it rained, since it's a roadster. Well, today I got lucky and found a '79 Olds Cutlass in fairly good shape. The previous owner was an elderly guy and it appears he took good care of it.

I had owned a '68 442 back in high school, but that was long ago. Anyway, while doing a test drive, I rediscovered Oldsmobile dependability. So, I figured I would join a forum of like minded folks. I'm not ditching the hot rod, but I will be doing minor upgrades to the Cutlass.

I normally work on my own cars, so I may be able to contribute here sometimes. I look forward to sharing info with like minded guys.

Comment

and..... right out the box, I've accidently posted twice. My laptop must be gimping out. Sorry.

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
        Is your '79 a 5 speed manual?
        Any future plans or will this be a daily driver?
        Any photos?
        I've driven a Gbody daily since I was 16, love these cars.
        If you need any part numbers, guidance, wire diagrams etc. just ask!
        Lightning Rods repair service:CLICK HERE
        Seller Feedback:CLICK HERE
        1988 H/OCA Advisor
        88 H/O #1 of 4
        88 CSC White/Claret - T-tops
        88 H/O Triple Black
        87 442 Black/Gray - T-tops
        85 442 White/Blue - T-tops
        85 442 White/Blue - T-tops
        85 442 White/Claret - T-tops
        85 442 White/Sage
        84 H/O Aero Commemorative #2199 - Sunroof